Monday, March 3, 2014

SO OVER IT.

It's snowing again.

Did I mention I'm so ready for winter to be over?

So since the roads were disgusting this morning, I didn't go to work. Instead I've spent my morning of PTO watching tv, shoveling, and working on random bits and pieces.  

Yesterday I drafted a t-shirt pattern from an old shirt. I think this one will work much better than the previous ones, but now I have to get some hands on some jersey. I did not see any I liked at the Joann the other day. However, if you like stripes, they have more than enough for you. 


I also drew out a pattern and schematic for a bag.  I have the pieces cut out, but now I need some strap webbing before I can actually start stitching.

But for actual finished projects today, I've made a beaded barrette. I wanted it random, but I may go back later and make another one with an actual pattern to it, since I still have one more barrette blank left.




And I managed to score a tooled (looking) belt at the goodwill the other day, so I finally got to make the cuff that I've been wanting to try.




I'm not sure the "leather" will last that long, but for $1, it will do.  And if I ever do find a real full leather tooled belt, I'm sure I'll end up wearing it as a belt instead of cutting it up. *fingers crossed for thrift mojo*

So now I'm going to go watch more Phineas and Ferb, and maybe make the other two strips for the final Lotus cami. And probably shovel again, because the snow has decided to KEEP COMING instead of staying quiet.

I'm tired of using PTO and I'm running out of snacks. SEND BACKUP AND SUPPLIES.

No comments: