Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Longest Shortest Month


February is cold and wet and I'm quite over it.

There hasn't been a lot of crafting going on. I've started the hairpin strips for the real Lotus top, but that's about it. The craft room is chilly and it's a mess. I've ‎started cleaning things up, but quite frankly, I'm disgruntled. I am frustrated with my craft supplies, first and foremost.‎ 

It's not like my stash is large or horribly organized. It's just full of things I'm not particularly enthused about. ‎It's kind of...stagnant. Quite frankly I feel like taking all of the fabric and anything that's not designated for a project that's on the list and getting rid of it.

The problem with this urge is that I also like to have a small base of supplies so that in the (now rare) instance that inspiration hits, I don't have to go shop for supplies. Of course if it's a super specific idea, I'll probably have to shop anyway, but if it's a "Hey I wonder if that technique would work with cotton..." I'm usually ok. 

But what I have in the stash is pretty random. I have some leftovers from past projects, and some cool things from the remnant pile,and some stuff that caught my eye but never found a purpose. And not all of them are large pieces, which would scream "quilt," to some but‎ they don't really go together (and I am not a quilter).

I've already gone through and tossed the really small pieces I can't do anything with. I stash busted some stuff and ended up with things that are...just ok. 

I think the clean out is coming. I kind of wanted to do it this weekend, but we got into other things‎, like putting together a treadmill. I did manage to find the top of the craft table, after it had become a dumping ground the past few weeks. I am also disenfranchised with my craft space, but that's a work in progress. 

So...still cranky, still depressed. Winter sucks and I'll be glad when it's over.





No comments: