Saturday, November 23, 2013

Saturday Speedy

Inspired by Pinterest, I decided to tackle the spray paint artwork revamp idea that's going around.  I had a canvas that I had started something on but only had gotten a background done, so why not?

Bought paint and masking tape at Lowe's, and set to work masking a herringbone pattern. This was by far the most time consuming part of the project. With all the trimming and such it took at least an hour. I'm kind of glad I didn't start with a bigger canvas.



Masked and ready...




Sprayed!

What kind of paint you get will determine your drying time and how messy it is. This came in the old school can with lots of blowback and my hand ended up almost entirely gold too. Call me Midas, I guess. It came off with nail polish remover, thankfully.

Let it dry for a bit, then start peeling off your tape.




And the final result I'm quite pleased with!



No comments: