Thursday, November 7, 2013

Organized Chaos

So as mentioned, I've been trying to do some stash busting. I have a bunch of little pieces of fabric, and a few big pieces, none of which I am super excited about. These are all the "meh" prints and stuff that I didn't want to really get rid of but didn't have anything in mind. 

Which brings us to the skull print. 

As proven, I like my skulls. I don't remember what I originally bought this for but it ended up as a temporary bag lining and then a Grab it and Go wallet (which is holding up well but needs to be washed). 

But for anything else, it's just...too...busy. Too busy for a full clothing item (for me, anyway), not that I had that much of it.

I saw a "hanging organizer" in a catalog the other day, and like every crafter, went "I could make that.". So I sketched something up. And the only fabric I had enough of in the stash was the skulls.



Pen slots in the bottom, two pockets in the middle, expanding pockets in the top. Right now there's a slot for a rod in the top, like a curtain. I am debating putting grommets in the top strip for hanging but am undecided at the moment.




I'm actually super happy with how the shaping of these top pockets ended up.  Despite the fact that I can't sew in a straight line.  Thanks for magnifying that, accent stripe!

I think if I had been better prepared and planned it out, I would do it with solid color pockets (see, BUSY). But for a spontaneous weekend afternoon throw together, I'm satisfied. Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to put it.


No comments: