Wednesday, August 14, 2013

State Spirit

I haven't been so crafty as of late. We've had a lot of family time recently, and while it's nice, it doesn't really make for productivity.

I modified one of DH's old shirts into a tank for me:


Pretty sure it's required for all Central VA residents to own a UVA shirt, even if you didn't study there.

And on the trip up north my TV yarning was a swiffer cover using Stitch11's Pattern using Sugar & Cream cotton. I'm so not going to take a picture of my floor mop, so....imagine. It's blue.

So I started with a Virginia project, and I'm ending with a Virginia beginning.

My grandma's land has a bunch of quartz, and when I was a youngster (I know, demerit point for using "youngster") I would go out and gather the crystals. I hoarded them for a while, but let some of them return to their habitat and only kept what I was going to use. One that has traveled with me from house to house since then is this one, and I think you'll see why:


The irony is that I found it in WEST Virginia. DOH!

So since I've been on a state shaped jewelry pin fest lately, I think I'm going to make this into a necklace. I'm just not entirely sure how to wrap it yet, because I don't want the Southwest corner to break off while I'm wearing it. I will figure it out eventually.

No comments: