So the final item from the thrift haul was the black and white shirt. It was purchased too large, intending to be cut down to fit me. And so it has. It was a 2XL with cap sleeves (WHICH ARE THE DEVIL).
I cut up the sides as I usually do to take it in. And while it did give me a little bit more sleeve, it just didn't look right. So the sleeves departed, and I shortened it at the shoulders as well because everything is cut too low for me. Even shirts I get from Old Navy and stuff. (seriously WTF). It looks good. The only thing that gives me pause is that it has a bit of empire waist feel to it and I don't need the "are you pregnant?" questions.
(I'm not AND DO NOT WISH TO BE AND IT IS NONE OF YOUR BEESWAX ANYWAY. UGH.)
NOW, alteration number TWO is something that I wish I would have thought of myself a long time ago, but for some reason it just didn't occur to me. I saw it on Pinterest and went "Dammit, that's a BRILLIANT idea." (See the original idea here) I have these shirts I like, but they seem to shrink because I both suck at laundry and like food. So voila, the accent stripe.
The final alteration has been waiting forever. This is one of the primary reasons I bought the dress form. The husband cleaned out his closet and ditched a pretty purple button down shirt. I snagged it, but this one wouldn't be able to be cut down the normal way. This was going to require measuring and DARTS. Both sewing machines got pulled into service for this one.
Darty in the front:
AND the back...
I also had to cut down the sleeves because once I got the body tailored the sleeves looked ridiculous. All in all, I'm quite happy with how this one turned out.