Friday, May 24, 2013

Little Bits and some Funk

I have suffered from depression all my life. It's nothing new. Sometimes when I get deep into the funk, I do not write because I think it is pointless.

I still craft, sometimes more to keep my hands busy and ignore everything else.

Oddly (sadly? interestingly?) enough, I seem to be more creative and productive during these periods. I would really hate if the two were linked together, but that's how it seems to be.


But today the sun is shining, the wind is blowing (fiercely), I feel ok, and I'm going to show you some of the stuff I did last weekend.

I wrapped the last star pendant, and gave it and the blue one their new respective chains:


Yes, the second "clear" one looks just like the other one I wrapped the other week, it's just smaller, and much more wearable. 

I also made a shirt. The remnants bin was generous and yielded a whole yard of this stripey jersey. The lighter stripes are kind of sparkly, though the picture doesn't show it.  I got together with the dress form and draped and pinned and cut, and now I have a boatneck top. I've never worn a boatneck before, but the test run to work the other day went well. It doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would.




So....stuff. Yep, stuff.


No comments: