Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bedroom Eyes


~*~*~These home renovation posts were originally published on my non-craft blog, which is going away. I don't want to lose this content, so it's coming to live here on the craft blog, because renovations are crafty.~*~*~





Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce the master bedroom.  Pretty standard stuff. Same Peachy Beige Blandness on the walls, some ratty mini blinds, and a boob light. Here's the view from the hallway door:






Here's the view from the bathroom:




The light switch had a fan control on it, and one of the things we dislike about the apartment is that the ceiling fan is in the living room and not above the bed.  So obviously, we were going to add a fan.

The biggest argument we had was about the color. I wanted a light green or blue. He didn't. So we went and stared at paint chips for a while. After a bunch of back and forth rejections, he picked one out, and went "what about this one?" "REALLY?" "What, you don't like it?" "Yeah, I like it, I just didn't figure it would be something YOU'D like."    We bought it, went home and two coats later, we have this:





I believe the color is called Jekyll San Souci (WTF???), but I refer to it as Pool Table Green.  I love it.


Also note the kickass new fan. The blades are the same cherry color as our bedroom set, and when it spins it looks like katanas whirling.  Dangerous but awesome.



We are super happy with the way this turned out.  Since I took these pictures, we put up some 2 inch plantation blinds in the window, which add a lot to the look. 




Originally published May 16, 2012


No comments: