Sunday, September 16, 2012

Tutorial Goodness

So I've been going through my digital storage closet here lately, cleaning out stuff and checking up on what's happened to all the crap that I bookmarked long ago. Because if you don't check up on these things, you find that maybe one of those groups you liked let their URL go and now it's pr0n. Awkward.


Anyway, while going through my bookmarks, I found these that I'd like to share because they're awesome.



Invisible zippers are a pain in the butt.  There, I said it.  However, you CAN insert them with a regular zipper foot and not have to buy yet another doodad for the machine that gets lost conveniently when you want to use it.  I found this tutorial photoset that shows you how.  She's also got a tutorial post on Craftster, but some of the images are broken, so I used the Flickr set and it turned out fine.  This is what I used to put the zipper in my wedding dress and am more than pleased with the fact that this helped me NOT SCREW IT UP.


As for some Crochet Tutorial Love:

I hate making the long starting chain and then working back into it. If you know how to work a foundationless stitch, you can skip all that! Carina explains it very well. Also, she takes awesome pictures and makes very colorful stuff that I dig, so take a look at the rest of her blog.


You know when you make a hat or something round, and you have to make a certain amount of chain, but the stitches inside it don't totally fill it up? And then when you finish your hat you have a tiny hole in the top? You can get rid of that with the magic loop in the ring technique.


Hope these help you guys out like they've helped me.  Now back to the cleaning! Today I'm going to purge some fabric and yarn. I know, weird, right?

No comments: