Back about 2 years ago, I made the Phannie hat from Berocco.
It came out ok, but I didn't dig the band or the way it came out, so surprise surprise, I didn't wear it often.
I used the same yarn for a different project and after I realized I had enough left over from that and Mom's present this year, I decided I was going to frog back and try again.
So I frogged back about 6 rows, and started over, this time adding a repeat of rows 15, 16, and 17, as well as doing the band with a bigger hook (I have big hair, it takes a lot to compete with it).
Success! I like the drape and fit much better this time around.
No project is permanent and you CAN go back and fix things later.