Thursday, September 29, 2011

State of the Craft

Every so often I like to step back and take a look at my crafting life and take stock, you know? Being that it's my birthday week and I'm in a period of reflection anyway, it's a good a time as any.

Currently, I am in a period of low crafting. Mostly it's due to lack of time, and it really sucks. I do have a couple projects that are getting a tiny bit of attention here and there. There's the sock, the Luna Sweater that's been put on hold, and the odd washcloth or two that occupies my hands while I'm feeling twitchy.

This is seasonal. I know that once I'm done with school (for good) in May (hopefully), I will have a lot of free time back, and I hope to fill it with creating.


I have a few more projects planned for Charlottesville Crafter through the end of the year. I'm enjoying doing that. It's been nice to have a platform that reaches a few more people than just the blog here, although sometimes it is a stretch to think of a project that I can make simple so that anyone (including novices) can do and get decent results. I have no current plans to stop that, and hopefully CW doesn't either!

THIS blog will continue, of course, no matter what, unless something dire happens. It may be slim pickings around here at points, but it'll stay.


What else will I do?

I don't know if I'd open up another online store or not. It would depend how crazy I get with the making of things, once that returns.

In one of the recent episodes of Getting Loopy, Mary Beth mentioned that there needed to be more crochet podcasts. I agree. However, that will not be me. Mostly because I really hate hearing myself on a recording. Not to mention I think I convey myself better through writing than speaking. Ask most of the people I talk to on a regular basis - there's lots of"um"s, trying to think of words, making up words, and strange hand gestures. I communicate better when I have a chance to think and edit. :)


The Universe has been throwing me a lot of "Do what you love and everything else will follow" messages lately.
If crafting were to be The Thing to Do, I think I'd be ok with that. I'd be more than ok with that.

How do I make that happen? Beats me, but I think I'm ready. Got any ideas?


As always, I appreciate everyone that stops by. Maybe you came for a tutorial and kept reading, maybe you clicked over from Charlottesville Crafter, maybe you're a friend of mine. Either way, thanks. If you have any comments, concerns or project suggestions for me, please let me know. I do read all the comments!





No comments: