Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hey Mama

I mentioned a while back that there were going to be plenty of babies this July! Not only did my friend have twins, my stepdaughter had a baby, too!

I know, you're thinking, wait, why didn't you make her a blanket??

Well, quite frankly, I was burnt out on blankets. Not to mention it's JULY and it's ROASTING, and there were a billion blankets on her registry already.

I'll have plenty of chances to make Baby B lots of things while she's growing up.

But don't worry, they're still getting handmade things! Mama had registered for some nursing covers, and didn't get any, so this weekend, I whipped up two to send down to her.

Her only requirements were that it involve pink. Not a problem. I tried to aim for classier prints, because I'm sure she's surrounded by baby prints all the time and would like some adult themes now and then.



I know, the desk chair doesn't make a very effective model, but it was late...

I used This tutorial. This was super simple and fast (especially for my first time working with boning, too!).


So I've sent them off to her (and a cute little headband for B, which I forgot to take a picture of...ooops.) and we'll see how they work!

No comments: