Saturday, April 2, 2011

K&C Blog Week Day 7

Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter?




Lately, my typical crochet time has been on the couch. Usually during the evenings (especially while I'm trying hard to get blankie #2 rolling) we'll chill out on the couch and get caught up on the Tivo or watch a movie. I still get time to spend with my honey, but still work on my project. I usually have water with me, but no snacks. There are generally snack breaks, but even though I'm going to launder my stuff before it gets gifted, I don't want to deal with getting crumbs or smudges on the yarn. I also have to deal with attention grubbing kitties. Joe of course loves to gnaw on every string he can find, while Little Miss just wants petting.



Sewing time is different - that I need to spend in the den, away from people and cats so I can spread out fabric and cut without feline help...








If you want to participate too, all the details (and prompts) are at Eskimimi.

2KCBWDAY7

No comments: