Saturday, April 2, 2011

K&C Blog Week Day 6

Something to aspire to:
Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make but can admire the result of those that have.


My short answer is thread crochet. I have dabbled a little in thread crochet, and it's freaking HARD. I have even more respect for my grandmother making many many snowflakes for many church Christmas bazaars over the years. I do not currently possess the proper tensioning skills for it yet. But I'm going to work on it. I would love to make a lacy little mini-veil for my wedding.

I also have on my list to knit socks. It's on my list of Goals for the Year, actually. Nothing fancy, just socks.






If you want to participate too, all the details (and prompts) are at Eskimimi.

2KCBWDAY6

No comments: