Thursday, March 31, 2011

K&C Blog Week Day 4

Yesterday's topic just didn't appeal to me, so I skipped it.

Whatever happened to your __________?

Write about the fate of a past knitting project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.



Most of the things I made for myself are still around. My Divine Hat is still in use (stupid winter go away!) until it gets warmer.

Things I made for others, I have mixed results. My Mom loves her V Stitch Cowl, and I'm actually supposed to be making her another. My brother apparently liked his hat, because he says I "can make him another one." So either he likes it or he lost it. *shrug* I've seen both of the girls in their hats, my friend's nephew in the blue striped baby hat, all getting good use.

One of the best feedback I got was from my friend who got the blue & green baby blankie. She said that her son LOVES it, and won't sleep without it. Apparently the soft bamboo edging I put on it made all the difference because he loves to pet it while he falls asleep. I was having a really crappy day when I got that message and it just made everything better.


So most of my things found good homes. I'm glad for that.





If you want to participate too, all the details (and prompts) are at Eskimimi.

2KCBWDAY4

No comments: