Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Call Me Dr. Frankenfeet

I have 2 problems. One is that when my feet get cold my toes go numb and if I'm standing on a cold surface it makes my calves hurt. I don't like cold toes and painful calves. The second problem is that my bathroom and kitchen floors are like glaciers. COLD.

I really wanted a pair of Mukluk slippers. But alas, the Rugged Wearhouse (a.k.a. the cheap place) did not have my size and Santa didn't get the message in time.

Sure, I could go BUY them on the internet for way too much money, but it's more fun (and cheaper) to make your own from stuff you've already got!

I've got these slippers, see.



They're cute, and they're squishy (IT'S LIKE WEARING A MUPPET), but they fall off my feet, rendering them pretty ineffective.

I also have these leg warmers that I made at an earlier point in time...



I think they're just BEGGING to be put together, don't you?

*insert evil laugh here*

Here we are all pinned up:




Obviously I couldn't really use the machine for this, so out came the needle and thread. The sewing didn't really take long at all, maybe about 10 to 20 minutes.

BEHOLD THE FRANKENSLIPPER!!!!




And as for what they look like during wear?





Are they stylish? Nope. Do they fulfill the intended purpose? Yep. Am I satisfied with what I've done? Yep.



Today's lessons:
*I would rather make something than buy it.
*Yes, I am a giant goober.
*It is really hard to take a picture of your own legs straight on.

No comments: