Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hey, lookee there....

Good morning, crafty people!

I have a finished object to show you!



I made an Inga's Haekelbeutel!




I've had this pattern printed off for a while, and finally decided to do it. I took it with me when we went up to my in-law's for the weekend, and finished it off this weekend

Link to free PDF pattern.

The yarn is Caron Simply Soft Shadows in Mardi Grey. My only problem with it was that Michael's here doesn't carry it anymore, so I had to do a little modification so that I wouldn't run out of yarn. I made 12 squares instead of 16, so the bag is smaller than the original pattern.

My other pattern deviation is that I did not follow the directions for the straps. Instead of doing the straps separately, then crocheting them on and doing the border, I did it all at once as I went. Looks good to me.


It's a good pattern. The hardest thing about it is arranging the squares to be crocheted together, and even that's not really hard.


This is going to a gift swap partner, I hope she likes it!


2 more skeins busted from the stash....