Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm awake, I'm awake!

The giant pile of yard sale crap is finally gone from my craft room!

To celebrate, yesterday I got a wild hair and made a bag.

I had seen these fabric hobos at Target the past few times, and said to myself "pfft, I could make THAT."

So I tried.

I made myself a little pattern out of a piece of scrap paper. I still would like to know HOW it is that even though I cut both fabric and lining from that pattern that NOTHING lined up correctly. Argh. But I soldiered on and a few hours later (taking a break for dinner...mmm, dinner) I had a bag. Even my fiance was kind of amazed at how little time it took.





I got closer to the original bag than I thought I did in terms of shape and details. This is the same fabric I used for my circle skirt and one of my pouches. And I still have plenty left over, too. It's lined with black cotton. The seams are sloppy, I admit, but since I'm not selling it (I'm using it), that doesn't actually matter so much. It's just big enough for a wallet, sunglasses and phone, which is all I need. It will need a snap eventually, but I don't have any on hand at the moment. Oh darn, another reason to go to the fabric store.... :)

No comments: