Sunday, May 16, 2010

Idleness

No, I'm not really idle. I just can't think of what else to call this. Stagnation? Dis-inspiration?

The baby blanket is coming along fine. I'm almost done with the center part and then all that's left is the edging.

I tried cutting out some fabric today to make a bag. And I was seriously, incredibly NOT into it.

I don't know why.

Part of it might be the fact that there is a giant pile of crap in my craft room. It's stuff we don't need anymore and are getting rid of. This pile would have been gone a long time ago to the Goodwill but I was told that our TKD school will be having another yard sale this year, and so I decided to hold off and have all of it go to that. It was a good idea in theory. In reality, there is a giant pile of crap in my craft room. :/ It's limiting my movement and layout area, and it's stifling my creativity.

The second part is that I have no real reason to make something. I have an Etsy Store full of stuff that hasn't sold and still isn't selling. It was an experiment, yes, but now it's just annoying me. I do not have the time and energy to promote it and maximize it, and I haven't decided if I want to close it down or not.

Really, when I'm in the mood, I will make stuff. I will produce things. But these things really have nowhere to go. I only need so many bags or hats or scarves or whatever. Gifts, perhaps. I don't know.


Anybody have any ideas? Something to inspire me? A solution to the Etsy conundrum? because I'm kind of at a wall right now and don't really know what to do...

No comments: