Saturday, March 6, 2010

Transitions

I know, Craftykix has been a little quiet lately.

Why?
Well, it's been a time of transition around here, but GOOD transitions.

First of all, I got a new job! I start on Monday and I get to escape the hell that is the TV business (and no, I'm not kidding). I also get to escape the night shift and hold day hours like a normal person. I'm finding that as I get older, I don't enjoy staying up late as much as I used to. I still like sleeping in, and that's going to be a major change (I'll have to leave my house at 6:30 a.m.) but I'm ready for it. The new job is going to mesh well with my studies (both in time and content) and I'm really looking forward to it.

What else is going on? Well, I'm engaged! We have not set a date yet, but once we do I will be doing most of the planning myself (with him, of course), and hopefully most of the crafting as we're trying to keep the budget minimal. This also means I might be (ok probably will be) making my wedding dress! Hijinks may ensue.


So please be patient with me in the coming weeks as I get my new schedule under control and learn to budget my time all over again. I'm hoping to get something on the hook or sewing machine soon, as I'm getting kind of twitchy not doing anything with my hands lately. :)


PS. HAPPY NATIONAL CROCHET MONTH!

No comments: