Monday, February 1, 2010

Ok, Mother Nature

So it snowed again this weekend. We got about 8 inches here.

It's supposed to snow AGAIN this upcoming weekend, along with some sleet or whatever on Tuesday.

And as much as I sorely despise the stuff, what did I sit down and crochet last night?

SNOWFLAKES.


Lessons learned:
1. Thread crochet is hard on the knuckles.
2. Thread crochet twists and winds up on itself.
3. Realizing the previous two lessons, my Grandma is a rockstar for churning out the things for church bazaars for many years.


I got two done - one of which I realized I finished wrong after I tied it off. Doh. I don't know if I'm going to go back a rework it or not - it doesn't look bad, it just doesn't follow the pattern.

Pictures will be forthcoming once I get them starched/blocked and they don't look like little white hairballs.

(ps, sorry for the lack of postage lately - there's been a LOT of reading for class going on...)

No comments: