Friday, January 15, 2010

Sewing-y bits

Weekend before last, I had some alone time while The Man was out of town, and I spent it sewing and shopping.

I made a reusable shopping bag out of some cool tiger fabric I plucked out of the remnant bin:



I used the Singlet Bag Tutorial from Craftster. I'm not especially pleased with the bottom of the bag, but I'm not entirely sure I did that part right, either. I could have used some extra clarification on that step.



And some pouches:






Two of these will probably end up in the Etsy shop. I've already claimed the black one for my essential bits that usually float around in the TKD bag.


I actually had more things planned, like a couple of tote bags, but sometimes I get craft boredom. After cutting and stitching for a long stretch of time, the last thing I want to do is craft some more, so I have the fabrics rolled up with their matches and they will be sewn at some point in the future. Or I'll pull them out and go "wha? I don't want to make THAT anymore, that's supposed to be THIS" and make something different.



As for the shopping, At our SPCA's thrift store, I found one of the handheld Singer QuickSew (or whatever they're called) machines for 4 bucks. I haven't tried it on anything but scraps yet. It may have promise, as long as I don't expect great things out of it.

No comments: