Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When Spontaneous Crafting Goes Very Very Right

I love my boyfriend. He also has good taste in clothes (in my opinion).

Boyfriend cleaned out his closet this weekend, and decided to rid himself of a few shirts that I snagged before they hit the Goodwill bag.

Boyfriend is a larger person than I, so in order for me to be able to wear these few shirts (comfortably), I need to do a little modification.

One is a button down, which will require some thought, pinning and tailoring. There will possibly be a post about that when I get to it.

The others are t-shirts.

I decided on the spur of the moment tonight to go ahead and sew up one of the shirts. (It was so spur of the moment, there is no before photo for you!)

So just imagine...regular 2XL men's t-shirt, moderately worn.

A little tracing paper and two big serger seams later...







Yes, I still need to tend to my seam ends, but I am so pleased with the way it came out that there was a little bit of squealing and jumpy giggling (but not too much, it IS 1:30 am, and there are people sleeping). But I am much happier than I look in the photos. (did i mention the timer on the new camera is LOUD?)

I can't wait to do the other shirts!

No comments: