Friday, July 24, 2009

Frustration

Wednesday I had to stop at the fabric store to get something to fix the boyfriend's dobok. I took a quick look around, as I didn't have a lot of time and another errand to run.



I didn't see a single thing that inspired me.



Usually I'll see at least one or two things that say "hey, play around with me!" or "I want to be something!". Usually its a bunch of things that will point themselves out and give me a bunch of ideas.



Not this time.

I didn't see a single thing. I was not inspired at all. No sparks of creativity hit me, and I barely even had a "ooh, that's pretty, I want that" moment.



This depresses me to no end.



Its a reminder at how fickle creativity can be sometimes.



I sometimes wonder if I'm asking myself to be too productive, that I'm asking too much of myself. I still haven't come up with a good answer for that, either.



I pulled out the pointy sticks and some cotton and started something yesterday. I don't even know what it's going to be - I just needed to get my hands moving.



Maybe once my hands are moving, my brain will follow.

No comments: