Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Strap Perfect, Shmap Perfect - Make it yourself!

So surely everyone's seen the ads for the Strap Perfect.

I've had my eye on them for a while, but I never feel like spending $10 for a bunch of plastic doohickeys.

So, what's a gal that wants the desired effect but doesn't wish to spend the cash need to do?
Make her own!

You'll need a strip of fabric or elastic, and two snaps.

The strip will need to be approximately 4 inches (10cm) long. That works for me, if you have a broader back/shoulders, it may need to be a little longer. I used elastic, but I believe that some heavy duty material might work. A strip of canvas, for instance might be a possibility. I may be testing this at some point. If you get to it before me, please leave a comment and share how it works. If this does work, you can make multiple colors, etc. Mine was an experiment, hence the white elastic and black snaps. :)





On to the instructions:
Sew one half of both snaps in the middle of the strip, side by side.




Now, take your other snap halves and sew one on each end of the strip (on the same side).
This is important, because if it's on the opposite side, then you'll have to have a lot of twists to make it snap together, causing odd lumps on your back under your shirt...


Finish any edges as needed (I used fray check on my elastic ends), and test it out!


(there will be no pics of me in underwear here. Mr Pillow will just have to be my model.)



One side goes under your strap...












Fold it over and snap.













Repeat on other side.













I will warn you, the actual performance of the device may vary. I've tried it on two bras so far, and it works GREAT on one and pretty good on another.


Let me know if you try it, and how it works!

No comments: