Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ok NOW it's really done.

Remember a while back when I made the Pseudo Kimono?
Even though I made the small, it still turned out kind of huge.
I asked for advice months ago on Ravelry, and this weekend I finally had the chance to deal with it - meaning, I finally pulled it out of the closet and stuck it in the washer.

(Gasp! Handmades in the washer! The horroorrrrrrrrr!!!! *swoon*)

It went in a pillowcase, in a small load in warm water (not hot).
It did NOT go in the dryer. (Hey, I'm adventurous, not stupid).




I really wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm pleasantly relieved. It shrank, but just the right amount. The body now fits, and the sleeves are now pleasantly long instead of ridiculously long. I have slightly longer arms than normal people and I'm used to wrist cuffs being halfway up my forearms, so pleasantly long is GREAT. It's WONDERFUL.




It felted a little, but you can still see the stitch pattern, which is what I was hoping for. It is a little fuzzy, but now I can actually wear it, so I'll deal.

Will I do this for EVERYTHING that happens to end up too big?
NO.

Did it work this time? yes.

Good enough for me.

No comments: