Thursday, March 19, 2009

Valance-tastic

Fear not, even though the sock is stagnating, that doesn't mean that my creativity is doing the same...

Today I did some decorating. It took me long enough, seeing that we've been in this place since last July. But we signed the intent to renew, so we're going to be here at least another year or so, and I don't want to keep looking at plain boring stuff. Plus, I have been watching a lot of HGTV lately, and I'm not sure if that's caused by the creative strike hitting, or whether the creative strike is caused by the HGTV...



Witness the before:


And now the after:


See what you can do with 5 1/2 yards of fabric and some duct tape?



I've also been doing a little bit of painting, but you're not going to get to see that, at least not yet. Right now I'm just trying to get my skills back and figure out how to get the paint to do what I want, but at least I actually got the stuff out and started using it, which is a really big step for me.

No comments: