Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Monday!

It's Monday, and I've had an oddly crochet productive week since last Monday.

I made a cargo net for the trunk of my car. Pictures for this will be forthcoming once I get the net mounted. It's an experiment, I'm not sure how well it's going to work but it was worth a shot.


I made a crochet calorimetry from This Pattern. I like it. It turned out well. I used what I had left of my white & sparkly Wool Ease that I used for the Honey Panta. I cut out a lot of the middle rows because I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough yarn. It turned out that I had enough left I could have added a few more rows in the the middle for a fit with some more ease to it. But it still fits, so I can't complain.






Mom got me a gift card for Walmart, and Michael's had a yarn sale, so I restocked the stash.



From Left to Right:
-Two of Paton's Stretch Socks (my sister also got me two skeins in a different colorway for Christmas. I'm making socks!)
-One Bernat Bamboo in Linen
-Two Patons SWS in blue
-Two Caron Simply Soft Eco. It's made out of recycled plastic bottles, which I thought was cool, and it's not as hard as you'd think. It's experiment yarn.
-(up top) Artful Yarns Olympic - From The Needle Lady sale bins. I needed another weight to experiment with.
-(down at the bottom) Caron Simply Shadows.
-Bernat Baby Jacquards - I really like the colors. Don't know what it's going to be yet, but preeeeeetttttty.
-And three (actually four, I missed one black ball) Peaches & Cream cotton.

Mostly to be used for.....

SKULLHOLDERS!!!




I finished this side waiting at the garage today, and started on the second side. I've been meaning to do these since I got the book years ago, I'm just now getting around to it...


(also in this picture is my new nifty palmwood "H" hook. Oh, I love that thing.)

No comments: